Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Diving Back In

It's true, the beautiful Markels (that's her with Chuck and I at our last gig) owner of the Diving Cat Studio and Gallery has lost her mind. The evidence? She's asked us to perform there again in honor of her buying the building the gallery's located in. Since we're idiots, we agreed. Why are we idiots some of you who are newer to this blog, and therefore, understandably more naive, may ask? Because I've not come up for air long enough to eat or take a shower in the past month due to insane editing, and Chuck's been crazy busy at his work as well. Therefore, no time to rehearse. When I mentioned this to my son, Ethan, he said, "What do you mean you have no time to rehearse? You guys have been practicing together for over 25 years!" Good point. From the mouths of babes, or in this case, a 17-year old genius. (Unbiased opinion from the genius's mom.)

So, here we go again, folks! Saturday night in downtown Phoenixville, PA, the one and only KARMA CHAIN will perform live at the Diving Cat Studio and Gallery. Come one, come all, and remember - the more you drink, the better we sound.;-)

20 comments:

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Good for you! Busy, busy... but that's what you get for being multi-talented!

Beth said...

If we were in the area, we'd definitely come see you! Get some video and post it, rock chick. ;)

Angie Ledbetter said...

Wooohooo!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Linda, You're the queen of concert goers - too bad you're not out east this weekend!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Beth, Wish you were here!!! We're working on the video angle...

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Angie, Calm down, girlfriend. Seriously, thanks for your wild enthusiasm.;-)

Kelly Polark said...

It'll be a great break for you two.
I want to see some video, too! How fun!!!

Rebecca Anne said...

Oh I would love to be within, oh, 5 hours of that, I would hop in the car, no problem and come check it out. Your son is most brilliant, of course......just listen to him~

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Oh good luck!!! You look beautiful, even if everything else goes awry. :D

Sandra Leigh said...

Great news. Break a leg, Debra.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Kelly, We're working on the video... Hopefully, you'll be able to see and hear us soon!;-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Michelle, You're far too kind. Like I tell my kids, looks are everything (not!!). We'll have fun even if we're not as well-rehearsed as we'd like.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Sandra, Thanks - I'll do my best.;-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Rebecca, Yeah, it's amazing how our kids get smarter than us. Thank goodness, really. I wish you could be here!!!

Al said...

It's like riding a bicycle--bet you guys still have the talent amid your hectic schedules--best wishes!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Al, Thanks for stopping by. I love seeing new "faces" on my blog. I hope you're right about the bicycle analogy - we'll soon find out if it's true!

Midlife Roadtripper said...

Wow, I didn't know you were so famous and talented. And the two of you do it together. How cool is that. Common interests after all these years.

Have a great time.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

MJ, Yeah, we first met when I moved to CA like a million years ago to start a band w/Chuck's best friend. And here we are...;-)

Debbie said...

How fun to be asked back! That is when you know they really do like you:)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Debbie, We just got back. It was a blast! I'll put some pics up soon.;-)

Like Button