Friday, July 24, 2009

All Business Up Front, Party in the Back!

Just to clarify, this picture is of my brother-in-law, so there's no shared DNA. I've got seven bro-in-laws, so I won't say which one. Hint: His initials are "DS" just like mine!

In this amazing picture of himself, he added the gorgeous locks in back through the magic of yearbookyourself.com and titled the pic, "All Business Up Front, Party in the Back!" then had the nerve, I mean brilliant insight, to post it on his FaceBook page. Like I said, no shared DNA...

I cracked up big time when I saw it, and it got me thinking. What is it we show the world "up front" and what do we hide in "the back." Now, don't go getting all obscene on me. I mean this as a deep, philosophical question - a sort of existential glimpse into the psyche of the human mind. (OMG - did you read that last sentence? Hilarious!)

Here are a few of my "up fronts" vs "in the backs". Don't worry, only one of them is "real." Okay, maybe two.

1) I know, I totally agree. Ann Coulter's a goddess! vs. What? You like Ann Coulter? Are you insane? She's the anitchrist, you nasty, bigoted, right-wing Republican SOB!

2) That's fascinating! vs. If you don't stop opening your mouth and having sound come out NOW, one of us is going to die.

3) What? Dream Agent SoAndSo asked you for a full? Awesome! vs. If you get an agent before I do, I'll sic my cat on your dog and swallow all the Lunesta in my bottle in one, big gulp.

4) Thanks, for tucking my tag in in the back. Damn tags! vs. If you touch me again, I'm calling the cops.

5) OMG - Your hair looks amazing! vs. Holy Mary, Mother of God, have you LOOKED in the mirror?

6) Oh, I'm so, so sorry! vs. You didn't win the lottery like you thought? Bwahaha!

7) Sure, I'd love to come for dinner next weekend! vs. Please, God, send me the flu on Saturday.

8) I'd love to follow you on FaceBook! vs. Dying to see goofy pictures of you so I can make fun of them on my blog.

9) Have a great weekend, y'all! vs. Have a REALLY great weekend, y'all!

Also, I'm part of Blog Hop '09. Check it out and join the party! (And, don't forget your poodle skirt and saddle shoes!)

36 comments:

Chuck Schubert said...

What a handsome devil..looks just like his brother Chuck!!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

You're modesty is one of things I loved about your from the start.;-)

Unknown said...

How does one get across hysterical laughing in black and white with no italics or underlining! I am on the floor. I am bookmarking this for when bad things happen. Seriously. Too much. I. Can't. Stop. Laughing.

Between this and the video Angie posted at gumbowriter my colleauges must think I have gone crazy.

have a good weekend! Thanks for the laugh.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Suzanne, My pleasure! Glad you liked it. There is no greater gift than making people laugh.;-)

Kelly Polark said...

You crack me up! Thanks for starting my weekend with a giggle!
Have fun at the blog hop!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Kelly, Glad I made you giggle. Shining up my saddle shoes as we speak!;-)

Diane said...

hopping by your blog! great place you've created here!

have a terrific weekend!

Laura said...

How funny is it that our subject matter coincides to beautifully with each other. Hizzah!

Anonymous said...

Is it wrong that I almost put Ann Coulter in my "followers" graphic today along with all the other evil?

Does this make me a left-wing commie bastard? I prefer to think of myself as "a politically challenged Fox News hater" but I'm an equal opportunities hater really.

Also, I so need to yearbook myself.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

VA, She'd be at the top of my "Evil" list alongside Rush Limbaugh. If they made babies together, that new life form would destroy the galaxy as we know it.;-)

Mel said...

Love your blog design and your humor. Great pictures and cartoons. Just visiting from the Blog Hop and hope you are having fun partying!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Mel, I love chocolate!!! Glad you found me. I'll check your blog out as well. I plan on putting in some Blog Hopping time this weekend. Hope to see you again soon!

Tana said...

Too funny! You're BIL looks very nice otherwise.

I'll check out the hop!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

T. Anne, Thanks. I'll let him know.;-)

Paul Michael Murphy said...

Oh, that is a cute story about your son vs. Christ almighty! Enough about your stupid son already!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Murph, Good one! An entire blog could be devoted to these and it would never get old.;-)

Unknown said...

What a fun list! Stopping by from the Blog Hop. Have a great weekend!

Stephanie Faris said...

Everyone always touts honesty but this is just proof that if we really told the truth, we'd have very few friends!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Michaela, Thanks for stopping by. Hope you're having fun at the Hop!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Stephanie, No, that's not true at all! vs. Damn straight!!!

I am Harriet said...

Wonderful post!

Just stopping by via the Blog Hop to say hello!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/blog-hopping-theres-lot-to-do-this.html

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Harriet, Thanks for stopping over! Hope you're having a good time at the Hop!

Andrea Hatfield said...

How funny!

I would love for you to visit me and comment on my Blog Hop Post: http://www.moodymamasays.com/2009/07/23/top-10-reasons-i-am-excited-to-stay-home-with-my-family-this-coming-weekend/

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Andrea, Thanks for stopping by. I'll head out your way soon.;-)

Muthering Heights said...

LOL, I love that picture of your brother in law!

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

You are hilarious! Stopping by from the blog hop!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Muthering, I know, he puts Brad Pitt to shame. THanks for stopping by!!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Angela, Glad I made you laugh. My mission here is complete. Signing off forever, Debbie;-)

Candice said...

I've seen several people "yearbook" themselves on facebook and it's hilarious! I just might have to give myself a mullet. ;)

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Candice, I'd never heard of the website before this pic of my BIL, but it looks like fun. Mullets rule!!! (NOT!)

Missus Wookie said...

Your BIL looks great - I'm sure I've seen him around here actually. My BILs aren't on FB what a loss to FB hmm?

Popping by from the bloghop - working through those 7s :)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

MW, Thanks for stopping in! Hope you're having fun at the Hop!

Christina Gleason @ Cutest Kid Ever said...

Hehe. Thanks for giving me a chuckle. :-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Christina, Thanks for stopping by! Glad I made you laugh.;-)

Midlife Roadtripper said...

What a great idea for a post - or a journal entry. Unfortunately, I usually come out with the latter first. Gets me in all kinds of trouble.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

MJ, When I saw that pic of my BIL, I knew I had to make a post out of it. It's not everyday that gold like that lands in your lap!!!

Like Button