Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'd Like to Thank My First Grade Teacher...

I haven't received an award in awhile, nor have I given one out. All that's about to change. The lovely Karen Walker from Karen...following the whispers was kind enough to honor me with the wonderful Superior Scribbler Award. How sweet is that? I'd like to thank my family, cats, and Mrs. Stenz, my first grade teacher for teaching me how to write. She had no idea what her teaching skills would reap. I'm sure she couldn't have imagined such breathtaking awards coming down the pike for at least one of her incredibly short students.

So, here's the deal. I need to somehow elect a mere five blogs to pass this auspicious award on to, which is ridiculously hard to do. First of all, here's the award in all its awesome glory:
For the record, and I mean this with all my heart, the blogs I follow all deserve this award. So, if I haven't named you here, feel free to hop on the Superior Scribbler train and take this award with my blessing.

However, here are the "proper" rules:
  1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.

  2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
  3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to this post, which explains The Award.

  4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!

  5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
So, here are Write on Target's Super Scribbler recipients:

1) My dear friend, Beth of Nutwood Junction fame. She is one of the most prolific bloggers I know, and every one of her posts are well thought-out and informative. Plus, she's got an awesome husband. Thanks, Beth, for always lighting up my day!

2) Mandy the Magnificent. Her blog Mandy's Life After 30 is heartwarming, funny, and well-written. I'm so glad we've recently found each other.

3) Can you say "soul sister?" That's what Penny Roberts aka PenPen of Sugar Spun Dreams is to me. I love, love, love her posts. The pictures she finds are pretty enough to eat (of course, they're often of cupcakes and other French pastries), the music on her blog is THE coolest, and most importantly, we share a deep love for Katy Perry.

4) The lovely Rebecca over at Provocation of Mine (D) is one of those writers who keeps you coming back for more. Her honesty and humor are contagious, or at least I hope they are! She's tall, beautiful, and incredibly talented.

5) If you're feeling a little naughty, try Deborah over at The Peach Tart. This trashy Southern Belle will surprise you and make you blush. I promise, you won't be disappointed.

And, I would be completely amiss if I didn't pause to congratulate one of my favorite on-line pals, Kiersten White. Kiersten is a YA writer who not only snagged the attention of the brilliant agent Michelle Wolfson, but has just received a three-book deal with HarperTeen. Her first book of the three, Paranormalcy, will be released next year. Yay, Kiersten! I'm continuing to do the East Coast Happy Dance for you, though, I must admit, my legs are getting VERY tired! (Oh, and please send Laptop my love.)

Do yourself a favor and visit these award-winning blogs, and all of the award-deserving blogs listed on my site. It's an honor and a pleasure to be on this writing journey with so many talented, funny, and truly lovely writers. Thanks to you all for making my life that much richer.;-)

35 comments:

The Peach Tart said...

Debra thank you so so much. I will post it proudly and pass it on to some of my favorite bloggers in the next few days since I already have some posts cued up.

I can't wait to check out some of these other award winner's blogs.

Again, thank you.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Deborah, You're so very welcome. You deserve this auspicious award so much! Post it proudly.;-)

Kiersten White said...

Tee hee, thanks for the shout out. And for heaven's sake, woman, stop dancing before you break something!

Beth said...

Congrats on the well-deserved award, Deb, and thank you for passing it along to me. I'm incredibly flattered. [blushing] Thanks a million, and big hugs! Beth

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Kiersten, Fine, fine, I'll stop dancing. It might confuse the cats, though, they're kind of getting used to it. Again, congrats!!!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Beth, You deserve it, my friend! You're writing is diverse, well thought-out, and always interesting. Your followers are a lucky group.;-)

Mandy said...

I'm so honored. Thank you so much Debra. And we've only just met! Our budding romance has just begun.

Seriously though, I haven't considered myself a writer for quite some time. I'm only finding my voice again these days. Therefore, for someone else to call me "well-written" is a true gift.

After all, I know that no one will ever award me as "well-dressed" or "well-ness coordinator." ;-)

Thank you, thank you! I promise to pass it on but it may take me awhile to find the most deserving people since all you great bloggers are already taken and your shelves are filled with dozens of awards. But I will pass on the love.

Thanks again! Do I think you rock as well? As Sarah would say, "You betcha." :-) (I stole that from you).

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Mandy, I'm so happy to be the first to recognize your wonderful-ness! I look forward to our romance flourishing, and to you continuing to find your writer's voice. I'm happy to be sharing the journey with you.;-)

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I appreciate the tips on the links. I love adding new blogs to my reader!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Elizabeth, Thanks so much for your comment, and I hope you enjoy the blogs!

Susan R. Mills said...

Congrats! I can't wait to check out the new blogs.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Susan, I saw you already had this prestigious award, not that that's a surprise. You deserve it! Hope you enjoy the blogs.

Kelly Polark said...

Cool! I'll check these blogs out!

Unknown said...

I so agree that Peach Tart and Mandy are great. I'm on my way to check out the other great bloggers. I love meeting new bloggers.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Kelly, Hope you enjoy them!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

CCD, I hope you enjoy the new blogs. ;-)

Unknown said...

Gender bias! ;-) j/k. We're still friends, remember?

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Tracy, OMG! You're right - how politically incorrect is that???

Hey, everyone - immediately go check out the AMAZING Tracy Wymer's blog at http://www.tracyedwardwymer.com/

Seriously now! Go! Scoot! Enjoy!

;-)

Midlife Roadtripper said...

Congrats to you. And I think that new picture will look mahvelous on your book covers.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

MJ, You're WAY too kind! It is a cool pic, isn't it? Glad you like it. You're the first person who has commented on it so far...

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

MJ, Oh, wait - did you mean the header pic or the pic of me????

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Karen, Thank you for the wonderful award! It is fun to make someone's day, I just wish I could honor all the great blogs I read. ;-)

Stephanie Faris said...

Congrats to all the winners! I got the Kreativ award and it's taken me days to come up with seven interesting things about myself. Sad, huh?

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Stephanie, Um, yes that's crazy! I'm sure you've got many interesting things you could tell us - your loyal followers - about yourself. (Come on, spill!) ;-)

Kelly H-Y said...

Yay!!! Congratulations! :-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Kelly, Thanks. I'm humbled, truly.;-)

Kathryn Magendie said...

I will visit! And Congrats to all!

I remember my first grade teacher - I think her name was Mrs. Bowen....she was so sweet. I have this image of standing by her desk and she is speaking kind to me, being patient with me - and how I needed that. I loved her! :)

Rebecca Anne said...

I made it! Before you posted something else, I'm on freakin fire these days (like a turtle climbing a mountain)

Anyway, Congrats to you! Well deserved for our next New York Times best seller ( Don't forget us little people when you get all high and mighty)

And thank you for mentioning me along with other writers. I am duly humbled and honored. And now for my most profound sentence.

You ROCK ~

With admiration,
Rebecca

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Kat, Are you kidding? I had an elementary school teacher named Mrs. Bowen, too!!!! Maybe that's why we both love to write? Hugs, D

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Rebecca, Finally! I'm glad you could fit me into your tight schedule (*wink*). Seriously, you SO deserve it! You totally rock as well my friend.

NY Times Bestseller? From your lips to Buddah's ears.;-)

Rebecca Anne said...

I've always liked Buddahs....

and the New York Times.......

Midlife Roadtripper said...

I meant the pic of you. Just noticed the header on your next post. Like that a lot.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Enjoyed your blog and finding out about lots of new blogs. I am a fairly new blogger and love finding new friends.. Hope you will stop by and visit my new Christmas blog. There is a great giveaway that ends tonight.
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

Cougar Tales said...

I hope I followed teh instructions correctly! I certainly don't need my first grade teacher coming after me!
- Cougs
www.cougar-tales.blogspot.com

Megan Jones said...

monster truck grave digger, monster truck grave digger Free. monster truck grave digger, free online games, flash games, free flash games, online games, play game. Kids (3676) Killing (709) Kissing (3) Kitten (17) Knight (63) Kung Fu (62). Scholastic Store: Shop for Children's Books, Toys, Games, and. Shop the Scholastic Store for children's books by age level and subject, educational. The Hunger Games: Official Illustrated Movie Companion Free Online Play. Monster Truck Trials Test the monster at the factory in this online monster truck game. Note: You have to Finish all levels to be able to send and.

Like Button