Sunday, May 3, 2009

One Darn Lovely Award!

I am, once again, totally verklempt at the amazingness of some of the bloggers out there in blogland. The ever-lovely Midlife Mama over at Midlife Musings has, for some out-of-body-type reason, deemed me worthy of the "One Lovely Blog Award." I know, what was she thinking? I've been called many things in my life, but never lovely. I do, however, hope my mom is reading this. (Hi, Mom!)

To you, MM, I thank you from the deepest depths of my soul. If I were pregnant, I'd name the baby after you, although naming a baby "Midlife Mama" might be considered wrong in some circles. (Who'd want to live in a place where you couldn't name your kids something funny, lame, or borderline cruel? Not me, that's for sure, and I think Gwyneth Paltrow and Frank Zappa would agree).

Of course, these undeniably fantabulous awards do not come without tremendous responsibilities, and I've always taken my responsibilities seriously. However, being an A-type personality (No! Really?), control freak, JAP, and one who doesn't just question authority, but wrestles it to the ground and strangles it slowly to death, I've "revised" the rules.

Here are "The (Evil) Rules" in their original format:

1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.
That seems reasonable. Check!


2) Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you've newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
WTF? 15? Who writes these "rules," anyway? Are you freakin' kidding me! Let's say we settle for ten. That's a much more manageable number, don't you think?


So, drum roll please! The 10 NEWLY DISCOVERED bloggers out there who IMHO have perfectly lovely blogs are:
  • The ferociously funny Kiersten at Kiersten Writes! This girl can say, "Please pass the ketchup" and you'll be rolling on the floor laughing.
  • The kutely kaptivating Kasie West! She's sweet, funny, and has an AMAZING new haircut.
  • The jubilantly joyous Jenni James! Jenni is the happiest person alive. You think I'm kidding? Go check out her blog.
  • The kreatively kompelling Kelly Polark! Kelly is a talented poet with beautiful hair who's afraid to ride a Harley.
  • The ravishingly remarkable Rebecca at Provocation Of Mine (d)! Her annoying habit of "daily blogging" is making me look like a lazy slob. Oh, wait. I looked like a lazy slob long before I found Rebecca's blog...
  • The immpressively introspective Indigo at Scream Quietly! She clawed her way out from the depths of hell, and is sharing her story with the world. May the Gods bless her.
In the interest of supporting minorities, I've once again included a token white, heterosexual male. Who knows, maybe they'll even be able to marry someday!

Please visit these well-deserving folks and tell them Debbie sentcha, you betcha! (She said winking and giving the "thumbs up!" sign.)

(Holy Toledo, Batman! My inner Sarah Palin comes out at the most inappropriate times. OMG! I've got an inner Sarah Palin!)

45 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Thanks, Debra! I absolutely love that you call me meticulously marvelous. I'm still smiling with glee, hehe!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Oh, and I have always thought your blog is lovely. Who could possibly think otherwise!? :D

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Michelle, You're far too kind. And, you are most definitely meticulously marvelous!;-)

writtenwyrdd said...

Congrats on your Lovely Blogger award. You are so right about Kiersten's blog being funny. And I'll have to check out your other bloggers on the list.

Anonymous said...

Debbie, that is so incredibly kind of you! (It's exciting to see myself reviewed that way. Feels like hope. Lol!)

I'm under the gun with a deadline, so I'm all-appendages crossed that I'll be able to pass on the honor in the next few days.

Thank you so much.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

WW, Thank you so kindly. I hope you enjoy the other blogs. Believe me, they're all amazing!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Jamie, You are so ridiculously talented. I can't wait until the whole world knows!

Amy said...

I agree with MM. You do have a lovely blog! I love checking in on you. And thanks for the list of other blogs. I especially like Kiersten Writes.

Traci said...

I love all of the lovliness going on here! ;-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Amy, Thanks for stopping in. It's always nice when you drop by. I hope you enjoy the other blogs I've mentioned. They really are quite spectacular!

Paul Michael Murphy said...

Thanks!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Traci, I would have awarded you, but I was striving for my more recent finds. (Trying to follow the rules and all, blah, blah, blah.) And I LOVE the new look over at your blog!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Paul, You're welcome, kind sir. You deserve it. You've got a pretty cool vibe happening over there.;-)

WendyCinNYC said...

Congrats! You DO have a lovely blog!

Kiersten White said...

Ha! Oh, wow, ferociously funny, huh? Thank you! I'm a fan of that alliteration ; )

Thank you thank you. What a lovely thing to wake up to this morning!

Kelly Polark said...

Why thank you, dear Debra for the lovely award! The others sound fun, too. I loved your descriptions of everyone! I will check them out as well!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Wendy, You're much too kind. I love yours as well.;-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Kiersten, You're very welcome. And stop using big words like "alliteration" on my blog. My readers (cough, "I") may not be able to keep up.;-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Kelly, You're very welcome. And, do check the others out - they're (almost) as wonderful as you!

Rebecca Anne said...

Annoying?!!! And here I just thought I was being a slave to ambition behavior!
You make me smile, thank you so much! I'll have to go check out your other picks and add them to my hungry feeder. Ok, so sometimes I'm not the best at doing these myself, but I will put it on my honor page, promise. It should show up via your technorati profile (do you have that?) authority as soon as I've got it done~
Thank you so much!
Rebecca

Jenni James said...

You like me! You really, really, like me! Eeeh! And lol! I'm positive I'm not the happiest blogger, but I'm definitely pretty darn giddy. Thanks so much.. and sending love right back at ya! Jenni

Anita said...

Congrats on the award! Much-deserved, much-deserved.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Rebecca, You're not annoying, you're annoyingly disciplined. There's a difference. The truth is, I'm completely in awe of your amazing blogging powers - I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy! BTW: WTF is technorati profile???

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Jenni, I love you, too, honey! Your happiness spreads through cyberspace and drips into our individual laptops. It's a beautiful thing.;-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Anita, Thanks - coming from you, one of my all-time faves, that means a lot.;-)

Ray Veen said...

I personally think your blog is as lively as it is lovely. So I'm giving you the "One Lively Blog" award.

I just made it up, and it doesn't come with a graphic or any sort of cash prize, but you're the only recipient ever, so be happy.

Beth said...

Do we need to do an exorcism? Just let me know. Congrats on the award!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Ray, OMG!!! The "One Lively Blog" award! I'd like to thank my mom and my dad and my first grade teacher, Mrs. Stenz, and all the other great folks who've helped me make it to this wonderful day in my amazing life. Achievements like these don't come along too often, and I - for one- will NOT take it for granted! Thank you, Mr. Veen, you are the man.;-)

PS: Are you sure there's no cash prize?

Kasie West said...

Awww, shucks. Thanks. Sweet and funny! I think I've fooled you all, but I'll take it! (and, btw, it couldn't have come at a better time, I needed a blog post, my creativity is being sucked dry by my books)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Kasie, You haven't fooled anyone! You're good and you deserve this LOVELY award! And, I'm glad you now have something to blog about.;-)

Rebecca Anne said...

You make me laugh, which is a damn good thing because if you didn't, well, I probably wouldn't visit your blog, then I wouldn't have met you via the Internet highway and then I wouldn't have gotten a cool award and so on and so on~
Just let me know what you are ready to suck it up and entry blogging bootcamp. I'd whip you into daily writing shape in now time.
So WTF is Technorati? It's the long standing, monitor of blog links. I use it because it's one of the easiest and best ways to spot blogs that have linked to you. Not all people visit and let you know when they have linked to your blog, so it's a good way to monitor things that are happening. Just go to www dot technorati dot com, sign up and claim your blog before someone gets cute and claims your blog from ya! ( I don't think anyone can actually do that because you have to put a code in your blog) But ya know, it's just a good thing to do. Hope that helps and let me know when you want some drill sargeant whispering in your ear~

Rebecca Anne said...

seriously. Could I have misspelled more words, used enough bad sentence structure and overall butchered that comment anymore?

Doubt it......

Paul Michael Murphy said...

I would like to add that while I am not positive about being "precocious" I am definitively "palpable." I take great pride in being evident. I revel in my obviousness. I am so substantially apparent that even my thoughts border on tangible. Just this morning I had a mere intuition, but it was enough that I was forced to, in the nick of time, no less, duck, so concrete was my notion.

And sometimes I write poems about my poo.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Rebecca, Got it. I'll check out technorati, or whatever it's called. And, trust me, you could have made FAR more mistakes, not that I'd know that personally, or anything...

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Paul, You're a freak, but that's one of the things I like about you. That and the fact that you write poems about poo. (Not!!!)

Paul Michael Murphy said...

For those interested, I will be posting a poo-related poem on my blog tomorrow night.

I know you can't wait.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Lovely, you say? Hmmm. Congrats anyway! Can't wait to try out these new blogs.

Broke But Still Drinking said...

Maybe I'll build an award, finally a useful way to get rid of beer cans. I think I'll make them life-sized.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Paul, Thanks for the heads-up. Unfortunately, I'll be making plans, I mean I've got plans for tomorrow night - so disappointed I'll miss it.;-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Angie, I know. Lovely? Me? Not so much. However, if Midlife Mama thinks so, who am I to argue?

Let me know what you think of the blogs I've passed this illustrious award along to. (But, beware of Kiersten. She bites.);-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

BBSD, You've already got an award. Why don't you immortalize it? Life-sized and made out of beer cans would be fitting for such a great honor as The Sexy Blogger award. Plus, you could take a picture of it, post it on your blog, and bestow it upon on others.(Like yours truly, hint-hint, wink-wink.)

Anonymous said...

Great list Debra, and thanks for the shout out! (But fyi, my name is actually Scroggs with an "o" not a "u") :))

I'll be going to check these others on the list!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Sharla, OMG - I'm so sorry! I changed it. I hope you get some new followers out of it. You deserve the award - your blog is indeed perfectly lovely!;-)

Sage Ravenwood said...

Thank you so much dear friend. I appreciate this more than you know. I'm horrible at these things.

Sorry for coming by so late, it seems I've bit off a much with the daily blog adventure. (Points at Rebecca) but it was her fault to begin with. It's a good excercise to getting yourself in some kind of routine for writing.

Thanks again and it was an honor coming from you. (Hugs)Indigo

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Indigo, You are so welcome. You're a real gem out here in cyberspace (and no doubt in "real" life as well.) I'm thrilled and honored that I get to "hang out" with you.

And, yeah, that darn Rebecca - what a slave-driver, that one!

Like Button