Thursday, April 23, 2009

Still Excited, But Sexy, Too!

Sorry, folks - there's still no word regarding my previous post. I'm not teasing, really, I just don't have any news to report yet. In the meantime...

Speaking of teasing, my crazy friend Vegas Linda Lou has nominated me for the prestigious SEXY BLOGGER AWARD! In her defense, I only met her once and it was in a dimly lit restaurant. So really, how could she know?

This is her reasoning for giving me this award:
I met Debbie Schubert last month up in Philly and man, she has the body I would have if I actually did Buns of Steel every friggin’ day like I promised a couple of weeks ago.

How she knew I work out to Buns of Steel at least five times a day, I'll never know.

In order to accept this illustrious award, I've got big-time responsibilities. I mean, they don't just dish these things out to anyone. I must list Five Sexy Things About Me! Talk about pressure! Then, I need to pass this baby along to several other sexy bloggers.

So, (in reverse order) drum roll please....

5) I sing. Some people find this very sexy. I've even had women hit on me when I sing. I don't know what it is about being a rock princess that makes people so crazy, but there it is.

4) I write songs. (See above.)

3) I write books. Actually, I don't know that this is all that sexy, but it's all I could think of.

2) I've got a great smile. Of course, my orthodontist should get the (idiot?) award for this one for agreeing to my insane choice of getting braces late in life.

1) I've got killer gams. I have my mom to thank for this particular trait. I have to be careful when I'm out in public in heels. My girlfriends and their significant others have been known to compliment me in, um, inappropriate ways. That's all I'll say on the subject.

And, now I hereby nominate the following sexy bloggers (in no particular order) for this most prestigious of awards:

1) Beth of Nutwood Junction. Her politics are right on, she loves birds, and she loves the band, "X". How sexy is that?

2) Pen Pen of Sugarspun Dreams fame. She's got a kitty named Jasmine, a gorgeous friend named Brit-Brit, and wishes she could stalk Katy Perry. Pretty damn sexy, if you ask me.

3) Vivi Alden, Cursing in Heels from Butt-Ass Cold Michigan. Vivi's the bomb. She's an awesome writer, keeps us updated on "evil calories" and thinks Rachel Ray is the anti-Christ. How sexy is that?

4) Chas of Broke But Still Drinking My token male. He's grungy, he loves to say "fuck" and he drinks tons of beer. Sexy? You be the judge.

I have many more sexy babes in my life, but these are the ones getting the award this time around. Please visit them, tell them Sexy Debbie sent you, and stalk, I mean follow them.

And don't forget to leave me a comment and tell me what makes YOU sexy!

42 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

Congratulations on the award dear friend. (Hugs)Indigo

Beth said...

LOL! I certainly wasn't expecting THAT! I am cracking up, and quite flattered. I'll start thinking of my entry about this....

Thank you thank you for such a fun and flattering award!

XO Beth

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Indigo, You, my friend, are so special. Thanks for the hugs. They mean a lot.;-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Beth, You're most welcome, my sexy babe of a friend! Enjoy the award and wear it with pride.;-)

Pen Pen said...

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!
I'd like to thank the Academy, my cat- Jasmine Macaroon for letting me sponge off her awesomeness, Coke Zero and No Doz for making my blogging possible, Honey Nut Cheerios, my parents for making me the basket case I am by mixing Catholic/Baptist guilt with a flower child lifestyle, Brittany- one of my BEST friends- for being becoming more and more gorgeous--causing me to stop eating MoonPies-get off my ass and jog outside with mascara running down my face, Jimi Hendrix for being Jimi Hendrix, and my boyfriend Jason for encouraging the loony writer's psychosis inside me!

Kisses, Debra!!
You rock my world!!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Pen Pen, Love the speech, and it's appropriate for the auspicious occasion. This is quite the big deal, my hot, sexy, babelicious, blogging friend. Kisses right back atcha. Spread the love!!!!

Traci said...

Woo hoo!! You GO girl! Does this mean that we have to call you "your sexiness"? You rock! ;-)

Michelle D. Argyle said...

What a fun award! What makes me sexy? Oh, gosh, I can whisper in a sultry voice, I guess. LOL!

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Wow--I didn't even know about the killer gams, you sexy thing! What fun you are!

XOXO

Broke But Still Drinking said...

I'm blushing, or maybe I had one too many beers. I feel like I should be doing sit-ups or something, getting ready to take the stage. Maybe I'll drink some more beers and give my arms a little workout tonight. Thanks! I'm going to look for some place to put my award. I'll be right back...

Angie Ledbetter said...

Congrats, you sexy thang! :0)

Vikki said...

*gasps* Me?????

Debra, I'm honored! I have to thank my three legged, wheezing feline monster for keeping me up at night with his "louder than a machine gun" belly cleaning sessions. Sleep deprivation clearly DOES make you sexy!

Oh, and I must also thank Clive Owen, my espresso machine, my computer aka Sexy Beast, the weird old guy at my coffee shop who knits, and Justin Cobb from my ninth grade PE class who called me slouchy and frog-shaped. (Yeah...who's slouchy now, Justin????)

Thank you so much, Debra! Oh, and NICE legs! I would kill for stems like that!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Traci, 'Your Sexiness' I like that! It's got a certain ring to it. Although, I feel I should be wearing thigh-highs, heels and guantlets when I'm called that. Damn! Where did I pack that trunk...

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Michelle, I'm sure that sultry whisper comes in handy from time to time, like when you want a new Jaguar, for example.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Linda, Yeah, well I was saving my best feature for the next time we meet. I didn't want you to think I give away all the goods on a first date.;-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Chas, Sorry, didn't mean to make you blush (OK, I did). You're one hot mama even without the additional workout. I hope you find an esteemed place for your award. (Maybe on the front of the beer fridge?)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Angie, Thanks. Coming from the Queen of Sexy, that means a lot.;-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Vivi, You're so hot you're practically on fire. How can you stand yourself, being all sexy and all? Glad you like my stems, and yeah, what do you think now, Justin, you big fat-ass?

Chuck Schubert said...

You have a sexy mind...and great pins!! I love you, honey!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Chuck, Great pins? Is that the same as stems? Who knew there were so many cool words to substitute for "legs." This whole blogging thing is highly educational!

A sexy mind, huh... Not quite sure what that means. I sure hope that's not what a husband says to a wife when he's not crazy about her exterior!

Chuck Schubert said...

Glad I could educate you. And,BTW, I like your exterior as much as what's in that crazy little head of yours!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Chuck, Whew! I was beginning to worry...;-)

Amy said...

I'd kill for your killer gams. I don't like my legs, although I'm thankful I have them to walk around on! Congrats on the award!

Keith H said...

Congrats on the award....very well deserved. This is the best post yet.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Amy, Thank you, honey! Like I said, I can't really take much credit. It's all in the jeans, I mean genes.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Keith, You're so sweet, and unbearably sexy! If you had a blog, I would have definitely nominated you!;-)

Jenni James said...

WAHOO! You are soo hot! LOL! I would come and hit on you, but I don't think I could get to you with all the paparazzi and people begging for your autograph! LOL! LOVE IT! Glad you won the award! so fun! Jenni

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Jenni, Yeah, it's not easy getting through to me these days. I'm interviewing new body guards - maybe that will help.;-)

BTW: When you leave England, where are you going?

Rebecca Anne said...

I just visited Beths and now I most certainly have the song "I'm too sexy for my blog, too sexy for my blog........" rambling around in my head!
Congrats to you. I think it's a fine award and of course, you rock it~
Rebecca

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Rebecca, I almost gave it to you - you certainly deserve it! You are one hot, sexy babe and your blog totally rocks. I love spending time at "your place." Thanks for visiting Beth - she rocks.;-)

Lilly said...

You so deserve this award, its true! Loved the post.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Thanks, Lilly. Coming from you - one of the sexiest babes in the blogosphere, this means a lot!

David said...

Congrats on your award. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've been following Rebecca Anne's for several years and just love the way she writes. I work in Boulder at the Boulder Map Gallery. It is so true, what they say about Boulder...25 square miles surrounded by reality.
Smiles, David

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

David, Ha! I never heard that one about Boulder, but it couldn't be more true. And, yes, Rebecca is wonderful. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you'll check in often.

Anonymous said...

Sexy is as sexy does! You are a most deserving rock diva my dear. :) Okay, one question: Where can I get a gams transplant that will look like your natural attributes?

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Val, You are WAY too kind! Like I said, it's genetic. I wish I could take some credit, but I can't. Thanks for admiring from afar. Much appreciated!;-)

orangee said...

ur blog is so nice!By the way at your free time try to visit my site.I'll also visit yours often.I'll add you in my blogroll as soon as you visit mine.Hope you'l visit soon.

nsiyer said...

Fantastic! You have understood people's psyche well. The beholder's eye is important. I see YOU very beautiful. Do accept my compliments.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Orangee, Thanks for stopping by. I just visited your blog - very nice! I hope you'll stop back by often.;-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

nsiyer, I love when you stop by. You always have the nicest things to say. Thank you so much - you make me blush.;-)

Anita said...

Am totally jealous. My legs suck (very short). Silver lining: my friends love me because I make them feel tall.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Anita, I have a sneaking suspicion your friends love you for many more reasons than that!

Like Button