Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Emotional Rainbows

A new season is approaching, one filled with cinnamon teas, vibrant colors, cozy blankets, homemade soups, and pumpkins.  

Autumn is a time for change - a time to leave the carefree playfulness of summer behind and embrace the introspective beauty of fall. Autumn is a time where deep greens transform into bright reds, and shorts and t-shirts become jeans and sweaters. Autumn is a time of transition.

I've been going through a period of transition for quite a while now. Some days have been graced with hope and love and laughter and dreams. Others have been weighted down with sadness, sorrow, loss, and regret. I suppose that's how life works. Throughout our days, we experience the breathtaking highs and harrowing lows of our own emotional rainbows. 

This fall I'm looking forward to hot chocolate topped with whipped cream by the fireplace, long walks hand-in-hand in the park, watching the dazzling leaves as they burst from greens to reds to oranges to yellows, and the pure joy on the faces of children as they trick or treat on Halloween.

What I'm most looking forward to this fall is cuddling with my loved ones and letting go of a past I treasure, but no longer exists.

What are you looking forward to this fall?

8 comments:

nsiyer said...

Debrah, the past baggage has to be left behind, however beautiful, if future has to be different.
Life is empty and meaningless. When there is nothing, then alone life is full of possiblities.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

nsiyer, Amen, brother - thanks for reminding me. I'm doing my best to put the past in the past. Some days I succeed, other days not so much. ;-)

Elizabeth A. Post, MS said...

Working hard! It feels like I'm on the cusp of so many things. Very exciting, slightly nerve-wracking, tons of fun.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Elizabeth, Good for you! I hope everything you're working on comes to fruition.

Ed Pilolla said...

letting go of a beautiful past that no longer exists sounds like it could be such an internal accomplishment. i struggle with that, holding on to beautiful things that might have died long ago.
love that photo with the red leaves and white bridge:)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Ed, I know, isn't that picture wonderful? I love it so much, I've made it my computer wallpaper.

And, yes, letting go is quite an internal accomplishment, one I'm currently working on achieving.

Anonymous said...

Harvesting plants we have tended, sitting around outdoor fires with my family, and fleece!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Rebecca, Fabulous fall frills. Tx!!

Like Button