Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Subliminal Tuesday: WRITING BREAK! [Not!]

My parents are in town visiting me in my new place, and I couldn't be happier! [Nervous as hell. Will they love it? Hate it? Will they crave a different brand of coffee than the one I went to three stores to buy especially for them? Will they expect me to get up before 9AM to hunt down said coffee?] Their visit means, WRITING BREAK!

Of course, the minute I decided this, was the same minute I got bombarded with fascinating ideas for my current wip. Isn't my muse AWESOME? [Masochistic lunatic.] As a conscientious writer, I'll make sure my 'idea notebook' is with me at all times so as not to miss a single nugget [golden, not chicken-fried] from my brilliant muse whenever she sees fit. [Like while I'm on a roller coaster ride or being pulled over by one of Philadelphia's finest for speeding on Route 422]. Gosh, I love my thoughtful muse! [Cruel, slave-driving maniac.]
 
So, dear friends, I'll be back after the visit from my lovely parents [who, as I write this,  are requesting a different brand of coffee] refreshed and ready to spread my wisdom and joy to the masses. [My muse forced me at gunpoint to write that last bit.]

Keep it classy, y'all!

10 comments:

Julie said...

Have a wonderful time! And I suggest a little less coffee for your muse.

Love ya!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Julie, Hee, hee. I'll tell her, although I think she drinks soy chai tea latte, like me. (One of the very few things we have in common...!)

Kelly Polark said...

Enjoy your family visit, Deb!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Kelly, Thanks, my friend. I will!

Katy Josephine said...

What cute parents you have! And how lucky you are to have them both. Writing will wait. Coffee? Enjoy that, too!

Nancy J. Parra said...

Hi Debra,
I just got back into reading blogs and off you go- lol~ I hope you have a great time with your folks.
Cheers~

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Josephine, Tx, they are pretty cute, aren't they? ;-))

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Nancy, Don't worry, I won't be "gone" very long! So glad you're back in blogland.

nsiyer said...

Debra, you should ask them when they ask for more coffee
" Coffee, tea or me."

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

nsiyer, Hah! They'd definitely pick "coffee." ;-)

Like Button