Sunday, July 24, 2011

Keeping Things Fresh & New

How do you keep things fresh and new? Whether it's your writing, relationships, "look" (wardrobe, hair, etc), dreams, or goals, what do you do to make life new, different, meaningful, and interesting?

Here's "What's New" in my world:
 





Nephew (Nash is beyond amazing, though, I can't take credit for his immense awesomeness!)
Boyfriend (Ditto for the boyfriend!)


    

















Kitten (Ladies and Gentlemen, meet MIA!!!)


Haircut


WIP

Garden



For me, keeping things fresh also means planning trips, concerts, special dinners, starting new classes, etc.

So, my friends, what about you? What's new in your world? What do you do/plan/look forward to/treasure that keeps things fresh in your life?

13 comments:

Ruthanne Reid said...

OH THE FUZZY BABY!

This post was already awesome - and then you added kittens! :D

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Ruthanne, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: kittens, chocolate, and red wine are proof The Universe loves us!

Marisa Birns said...

Just wonderful! House is gorgeous, and I adore the screen in your living room.

Baby, boyfriend, and kitten are as cute as can be :D

And you've started a design business? Congrats!

Janna Leadbetter said...

Every bit of it's lovely!

I also have the new place, which my best friend (also a talented interior designer) helped with. Loving it!

I hope to in the future be where you are, with so much happiness ready and waiting for me.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Marisa, Thanks! I'm trying to focus on my blessings. It's amazing how much there is to be thankful for in life. ;-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Janna, You can be in the presence of pure happiness right now. We all can, if only we choose it (and keep choosing it). "Knowing" this is one thing; practicing it is an entirely different experience.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Karen, LOVE the hair! Ooh, piano lessons - tx for reminding me... And, writing fiction? I hope you love it as much as I do. ;-)

Stacia Kelly said...

new furry baby!!!! AWWWWWW.

And you know what? GOOD FOR YOU....awesome stuff all the way around :)

*hugs*

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Stacia, Tx, my friend. And, yes, FUR BABY!!!!!

jdsanc said...

You are so amazingly talented! I couldn't get a handle on one of those things. Ok, boyfriend and one of those things. A great guy makes all the rest so much easier, right?
It's been a while, but I think of you often, and our journey as well. Some day we need to get together, crack some champagne, and celebrate all we've leaned on the way.
Bestest Best!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Judi, Champagne and celebration sounds like a definite plan! And, yes, a great guy does make all the rest so much easier. ;-))

nsiyer said...

Opened my mental vistas, Debra with the questions you have posed. Food for thought! Thanks. Do visit my blog.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

nsiyer, So good to see you again! I'll definitely stop by. ;-)

Like Button