Monday, May 10, 2010

SUBLIMINAL MONDAY: Girls Gone Wild in the Northwest

I just got back from a week in Portland and southern Washington. My Awesome Agent, aka Bernadette Baker-Baughman, spoiled me to no reasonable end [I didn't deserve any of it, but please don't tell her]. I love her with all my heart and soul and feel so blessed to have her in my literary corner and in my life.

Once I got used to being on the Left Coast, I very much enjoyed myself. To say I sampled the vineyards of Oregon would be an understatement [um, yeah,]. I have so many great pics from the trip that I'm going to shut my big, fat trap [Henrietta, there is a God!] and give you a visual tour of Girls Gone Wild in the Northwest.

With the exception of AA, the girls I went wild with I met on Twitter. In other words, this was my first official "Tweet Up." AA already knew two of the very nice, well-behaved gals [out-of-control, uber wild women], but the other three were strictly from Twitter.

The women and our Twitter handles are: me [@dlschubert], AA [@bakersmark], Gretchen Stelter [@editorstet], Kristina Martin [@quickmissive], Cheri Lasota [@StirlingEditor], and Tawna Fenske [@tawnafenske]. Kristina also opened up her beautiful home to me and let me stay with her and her extraordinary family for two nights. Being with each of these amazing people is something I will always treasure. [Okay, you're boring us (again). Pictures, please!!!]

So, without further ado, here are the pics:

Me and AA at the breathtaking Royal Rosarian Garden.






The beautiful Gretchen Stelter:










Gretchen, Bernadette, and me:











Me and Bern at the Tao of Tea - incredible chai tea and delicious Indian food at Oregon's oldest Tea House.


More evidence that this trip was the right thing for me to do at the right time: A double rainbow (look closely) on our way out to Multnomah Falls:

























Here we're at The Farm Cafe
1) Me, Bern, Gretchen, Kristina, and Cheri;
2) Cheri, me and Bern.

And, here is me, Tawna, and Kristina at Seasons and Regions where we enjoyed a nice Oregon Pinot Noir:

So, there you have it folks. Girls Gone Wild in the Northwest. It was a beautiful thing. [It really was.]

PS: For the moms reading this, I hope your Mother's Day rocked!

29 comments:

TAWNA FENSKE said...

It was so much fun to meet you & Kristina in person and to enjoy the fermented fruits of our fine state. You totally rock, girl! Come back soon to see us again! :)

Tawna

Shannon O'Donnell said...

It looks like a good time was had by all! :-)

Ruthanne Reid said...

You do TOO deserve the spoiling! None of that. *swat*

Also, it really looks like you had a blast! What a great trip. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Tawna, It was a blast, indeed! Oregon has fascinating, beautiful people and delicious fermented fruits. ;-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Shannon, It was a very good time!!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Ruthanne, Thanks for the swat. Wish you could have been there!!!

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! Oregon Vineyards?? Hello! Niagara on the Lake here!
Glad Oregon was fun, my book is set there, a wee darker than your experience though!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Blueeyed, Oregon is beautiful - what a great setting for a book! And, yes, I can attest to the fact that their vineyards are well-kept. ;-)

Cheri Lasota said...

Oh! The pics turned out lovely, Debbie! A dear pleasure getting to meet, chat, and laugh with you!! You're just a bundle of joy!!

Cheri aka @StirlingEditor ;)

Kelly Polark said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing the great pics. I bet there were lots of giggles with the wine!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Karen, It would've been great having you join the party! I can see why Portland's one of your favorite cities - it's a truly special place. (And, hope you're feeling better!)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Cheri, Meeting you was a highlight of my trip. I'm sending positive submission thoughts your way... WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Kelly, You would've fit right in. We rocked it, girlfriend. ;-)

Beth Mann said...

Friends and wine? There is NOTHING better! I'm jealous! :)

Larissa said...

SO JEALOUS!!!

Sounds like a fantastic time with fantastic ladies!

Jemi Fraser said...

Awesome photos!! Looks and sounds like you had a really good time :)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Beth, You're right - it's one of the best combos on Earth. So happy to see a new face, btw, and such a pretty one!!!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Larissa, It was awesome and, believe me, I needed it... ;-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Jemi, So glad you liked the post. It was a special week.

kristina said...

Hey there hot pants! (Yeah you!) What a fun little post - the first and only time I've ever been connected to a "Girls Gone Wild" type thing.

Come back again - the princess room is all yours. :)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

I miss the Princess Room and your kids and Pepper and Charlie and most especially, you. ;-)

Cheri Lasota said...

Thanks so much, Debbie! It's really quite wonderful that you were able to come out to enjoy the NW. And it was a privilege for me to meet you.

*hug*
~Cheri

Stacia Kelly said...

Sounds like a much needed fun and creative time! Oregon is truly breathtaking and the double rainbows do just go to prove it was the perfect time for the trip.

Love the pictures you shared too :)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Much needed for sure! I've wanted to visit Portland for years, and was happy to finally do it. Never thought I'd do it alone, but then, life isn't always predictable, is it?

Christina Lee said...

You had me at VINEYARDS! Look like my kind of FUN!!!!! Such sweet words you have too, about your agent and new friends!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Christina, It was a wonderful time w/even more wonderful people. I am blessed. ;-)

Anonymous said...

thai teen bar
install t strip laminate floor
paper crimper ink sticky strip
elton john-the bitch is back
minot nd strip clubs


[URL=http://madsextapes.servik.com/index.html]fucking whore[/URL]
[URL=http://madsextapes.servik.com/sitemap.html]get fucking whore[/URL]

[URL=http://madsextapes.servik.com/brunette-pinups.html]brunette pinups[/URL]
[URL=http://madsextapes.servik.com/natural-big-tits-bikini.html]natural big tits bikini[/URL]
[URL=http://madsextapes.servik.com/mature-ladies-movies.html]mature ladies movies[/URL]
[URL=http://madsextapes.servik.com/malaysian-nudes.html]malaysian nudes[/URL]
[URL=http://madsextapes.servik.com/fashion-school-in-seattle-teen-programs.html]fashion school in seattle teen programs[/URL]
[URL=http://madsextapes.servik.com/blonde-portfolio.html]blonde portfolio[/URL]
[URL=http://madsextapes.servik.com/milf-teen-sed.html]milf teen sed[/URL]
[URL=http://madsextapes.servik.com/nun-schoolgirl.html]nun schoolgirl[/URL]
[URL=http://madsextapes.servik.com/milf-hunter-sluts.html]milf hunter sluts[/URL]
[URL=http://madsextapes.servik.com/whore-sayings.html]whore sayings[/URL]

Super Bowl Commercials 2012 said...

I have no words for this great post such a awe-some information i got gathered. Thanks to Author.
Super Bowl Commercials 2012| Money Talks|

Nicolejtay said...

Basically your job will be to provide extra help to doctor's office and a twenty for hour help service for hospitals. Once they invade a building they're just about impossible to eliminate. So, she stayed in Southern California, where her family had long established ties, which actually went back four generations. The maternity nurse is there to help the mother and the family during their pregnancy and afterwards. Nursing Assistant Training Milwaukee Wi

Like Button