Friday, April 30, 2010

Bitter Truth - Live

I promised a while back that I'd let you see me vlog a new song I wrote. In all honesty, I never practiced much, but here it is: (Also, I apologize for the sound quality, but hopefully, you'll get the picture.)



If you don't see all of me (full screen) here, feel free to click on the YouTube video link.

Here are the lyrics:

BITTER TRUTH
When I first saw you, I knew it was true
My heart would always be calling for you
"Sleep with me, darling, I'll always be true...
All our tomorrows, we'll see through"

We were happy, blissful, and free
Our souls were blended just you and me
But then a mystery called in the night
A blackness followed and took flight

I once upon hurt you so badly, it's true
Hard to imagine what I put you through
I never thought that the plans that we drew
Would lead to something... bitter truth, bitter truth

And time keeps flowing, thoughts ever new
Moving us forward wounded and bruised
But time heals over the pain that we knew
Leaving an open view

Once upon darkness came in the night
It tried to harm us, make us take flight
Yesterday's calling, tainted and wise
Reminding us always... love never dies
Reminds us always of bitter truths

Debra L. Schubert aka Jamie C. Keys
3.18.10

For those of you who know what's been going on in my life lately, I imagine you'll "get it." For the rest of you, I hope you'll love it for your own reasons and relate the song to your own personal stories.

16 comments:

Stacia Kelly said...

It might be raw and uncut, but well done.

And, well said.

You my dear...well, damn. I wish I had your talent in both realms.

Unknown said...

Love it. You're amazing.

Stephanie Thornton said...

Totally fabulous, even raw! Thanks for sharing!

Laura S. said...

You're a lady of many talents. Beautiful song! Thanks for sharing your music with us. :)

Ruthanne Reid said...

Aww, man - I wanted it to keep going.

I'm really glad to hear you putting this into music. Keep the creation flowing, on one end or the other. It's like breathing - and breathing helps you heal.

TAWNA FENSKE said...

Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL! Thank you s much for sharing this with us!

Tawna

Julie said...

Gorgeous and heartbreaking... and the best use of all that you've been feeling lately. You are loved. Never forget that!

Anonymous said...

damn you're HOT!

keith H

WendyCinNYC said...

Nice job! You are so talented.

Cindy R. Wilson said...

Very nice. I love the chord progression there, especially inbetween the verses. Great job!

Wendy Sparrow said...

Wow... very emotional and beautiful. The lyrics are amazing.

Sage Ravenwood said...

As you know I couldn't hear it. I still watched you play and all the emotions and heart lay there in your face. Beautiful heartrending lyrics dear friend.

Whatever is unwinding across the page of your life, know that I'm thinking of you.(Hugs)Indigo

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. This song was hard to write and hard to play (emotionally). Glad to know you enjoyed it. ;-)

gayle said...

Love it and the meaning!

jdsanc said...

Debra, that was so heart-breakingly beautiful. You are amazing. Your lyrics, so touching. I wish I could reach out and hug you and tell you some great wisdoms. But I only have this, you are a deep and rich soul and you will pass through this.
May peace find you.

Kelly Polark said...

Singer, song writer, guitar player, agented writer...
You rock all things, girl!
So glad you posted it!!

Like Button