Tuesday, April 30, 2013

So Much Going On, So Little To Do

New/Old House. 
That doesn't seem to make sense, right? But that's what it feels like. I'm selling my current home, buying a new one, and both closings are on May 30th. Having been a professional interior designer, I'm dying to pick out paints, hard woods, and bathroom fixtures for the new/old house (built in '59), but I can't do any of that for another month. It's driving me crazy. Of course, there's packing to do, but who wants to pack? Not me, that's for sure!

Also, I'm getting married in a few months, so there's that... Again, lots to plan, yet not much to "do" yet.

All of this causes stress, but good stress - the kind of stress most of us look forward to in life. However, it's still sleepless nights-shaking hands-racing heartbeat-stress. In the midst of it all, I remain focused on how grateful I am for so many things:
Me & my "babies" Ethan (L) & Adam (R).

  • My kids are kind-hearted, brilliant musicians, doing well in college, and are looking forward to the great possibilities life has to offer. Nothing makes me happier than seeing my "babies" happy and engaged in life! 
  • My fiance is a great man who cares more about me than I can even wrap my head around. Plus, he's funny, sweet, hard-working, Irish (yes, he sometimes wears a kilt and no, I won't tell you what's underneath!), loyal, and damn sexy! I'd say more, but he
    Me & my man.
    embarrasses easily.
  • My family is healthy. Is there anything more important than that?
  • Did I mention a Caribbean honeymoon cruise in January!
The one thing I'm NOT doing now is writing. I began a new book about a month ago, but decided to take a break. I've been writing almost non-stop for five years, and I feel I need to step back, read, and see what life looks like while not writing/editing for a while.

So, that's where I'm at. What about you?

8 comments:

Laura S. said...

Congratulations, Debra! It's wonderful to see how happy you are again and that everything is going so well for you and your family. Wishing you the best of luck selling your old house, setting up your new one, and planning your wedding!!

Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Thanks, Laura! Time really does heal all. ;-)

Unknown said...

Love your blog! So happy for all of these positive changes in your life! So happy to be along for the ride and to have found a wonderful new friend in the process. Love you! :)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Susan - right back atcha, baby!

Perry Block said...

What about me? I'm sitting here at the facocte PC writing a blog that nobody reads and the word "agent" has little more meaning for me than the person who never gets on the line at the insurance company no matter how many times I shout it into the mouthpiece!

Otherwise fine. Glad to see someone doing so well as you. Best of luck!

Unknown said...


كشف تسربات المياه
شركه كشف تسربات المياه
كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
فحص تسرب المياة
كشف تسربات
افضل شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
تسربات المياه بالرياض
كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض عماله فلبينيه
كشف تسربات المياه بدون تكسير
تسرب المياة بالرياض
تسليك مجاري بالرياض
شركة تسليك مجاري بالرياض
شركة مكافحه حشرات بالرياض
مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
مكافحة حشرات
شركة رش مبيد بالرياض
رش مبيد بالرياض
رش مبيد
رش مبيدات بالرياض
رش مبيدات
نقل اثاث بالرياض
نقل عفش بالرياض
نقل عفش
نقل اثاث
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
نقل عفش
شركة نقل اثاث


شركة تنظيف بالرياض
تنظيف شقق بالرياض
تنظيف منازل بالرياض
تنظيف منازل
شركه نظافه
شركه نظافه عامه بالرياض
شركه تنظيف منازل
نظافه عامه بالرياض
شركة عزل مائى بالرياض
عزل مائى بالرياض
شركة عزل خزانات المياه بالرياض
شركه عزل خزانات المياه
عزل اسطح بالرياض
عزل خزانات
عزل خزانات المياه
شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض


Panharith said...

رش مبيد بالرياض

]



ทางบ้าน


Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

Like Button