Monday, March 14, 2011

In Honor of the People of Japan: COUNT ME IN! - An Invitation to Contribute

This week, I'm dedicating my blog to the people of Japan. The inconceivable pain and devastation they are experiencing individually, within families, communities, and as a country is beyond my wildest comprehension.

Please take a few moments today, this week, and until Japan is restored to its' glorious, vibrant self to donate, say a prayer, meditate, or do whatever it is you feel comfortable doing to forward the healing process for our global neighbors.

If you'd like to make a monetary donation, here are a few links I've found:

Red Cross

Center for International Disaster Information

Digital Ways to Donate to Japan Disaster Relief (via FB, Twitter, Apple, Google, Zynga)

Apple iTunes

Author Maureen Johnson's SHELTERBOX

Even Lady Gaga has designed a bracelet and ALL PROCEEDS will go directly to Japan relief efforts.

HERE'S ANOTHER QUICK AND EASY WAY TO HELP:
Just write: COUNT ME IN! in the Comment Section.

To honor my commitment to
contribute as much as I can towards relief efforts in Japan, I will make a $5 contribution for every "COUNT ME IN!" comment I receive, here on my blog, my FB page, and/or on my Twitter page through this Sunday, 3/20. I invite all of you in the Social Media Communities to join me in this effort. Together, we can make a difference.

Namaste to all.

15 comments:

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

COUNT ME IN!

Anonymous said...

You're a wonder.

Stephanie Thornton said...

Count me in!

I'm off to donate myself.

Anonymous said...

Count Me In! It's me. Those poor people, I can’t begin to imagine the pain and discomfort they are going through.

Sandra Leigh said...

COUNT ME IN! Thank you, Debra, for your generous offer. Thank you, too, for that Namaste inset. It is utterly beautiful.

muffintopmommy said...

Yes, please! COUNT ME IN!!!

You are a wonderful person. I know if everyone gives even a little bit, the resilient people of Japan will survive this.

Thank you. :)

Talei said...

Count me in! Prayers and thoughts with Japan and also NZ.

Angela Corbett said...

Count me in!!! You're incredible for doing this, Debbie. And thanks for all the links to places we can donate. My heart breaks every time I turn on CNN.

Anonymous said...

Count me in! My family's sending a donation as well. I hope it does some good. So much loss...

Jemi Fraser said...

Count me in!

I donated through the Canadian Red Cross earlier - it's such a horrendous disaster.

Trisha said...

That photo is heartbreaking :(

SarahMarian said...

Count me in.

Anonymous said...

COUNT ME IN! You're great...
Namaste :)

BookGeek said...

COUNT ME IN.

You're awesome. I donated with my phone through the Red Cross as well. Praying for those that are affected and their recovery.

Kathryn Magendie said...

I donated a couple of my books to the red cross to "auction" - of course, me being me, I "mistakenly" did it for the British Red Cross instead of US red cross- well, no matter -it all goes to the same place!

Just much grief and among it stories of such wonderful spirit.

Like Button