Wednesday, November 17, 2010

And the #1 Answer Is... FAMILY & FRIENDS! (Feline captors very much included.)

Thanksgiving is right around the corner, which got me thinking: What are the five most important things in your life? Here are mine:

1) Family & Friends
2) Health
3) Creativity
4) Honesty
5) Laughter

What are yours?

TOP FIVE CHALLENGE:
1) Think of something you could do involving your Top Five.
2) Do it or plan it.
3) Let me know what you've come up with.
4) Smile and pat yourself on the back. (Or, whatever it is you do to yourself when congratulations are in order.)

Also, what are your Thanksgiving plans? I'm going with my oldest son to be with family and friends in Denver. This has been a difficult year for me, but I've much to be thankful for. After all, I've still got my Top Five. ;-)

12 comments:

Dana Elmendorf said...

I like this Debra. Not sure what I'll do but I'll let you know when I think of it. Maybe do 5 days of thankfulness next week.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Dana, Brilliant idea. I may do that as well!

Kelly Polark said...

I love that sign that says The most important things in life aren't things. So true.
Family is always at the top of my list. I'll be spending Thanksgiving with my inlaws, parents, sister at our house this year. Always a good time.
Enjoy your time in Denver, Debra!

Joanne said...

I like your list, but for me, I might hope that laughter comes with honesty, thus opening up a slot for peace.

I'll be cooking Thanksgiving dinner at home this year, with a small family get-together. Happy Thanksgiving to you :)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Kelly, Sounds like an awesome Thanksgiving. Enjoy!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Joanne, Laughter w/honesty leaving room for peace - I like how you think.

Anonymous said...

going to my mother in laws house for chicken gumbo.... (don't even get me started)...so I'm making a turkey and dressing and a few things for supper that night when we are home.

I love the idea of the five days of thankfulness as blog posts...think I might do that too...starting Saturday.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Sharla, Sounds like a lot of food! I love Thanksgiving, but then again I love anything involving large amounts of food and wine.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Karen, OMG, I'm so sorry to hear that. When something like that happens, nothing else matters. Hang in there, my friend. I'm sending positive, healing thoughts to you and your family.

Nancy J. Parra said...

This is a super post! Brilliant things to think about and to work on. Hmmm, now I must go make my own list.

Cheers~

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Nancy, Glad you liked the post, and best of luck w/your list!

WendyCinNYC said...

Family and friends are always my numero uno as well. For Thanksgiving, we'll be staying with my parents and taking it easy. I'm thankful for everyone's continued good health, especially given the trials over the last year.

Like Button