Thursday, November 26, 2009

You're My Angels Here on Earth...

Today is a day to give thanks for all the blessings in our lives. I'm grateful for so many people and things, I hardly know where to begin. Suffice it to say, I'm happy, healthy, and surrounded by love, support, and inspiration. These are greater blessings than I ever could have imagined.

And, I'm thankful for each of you. The readers of my blog are truly amazing. You bring smiles, wisdom, and laughter to my life, and for that, I will always be grateful. Thanks to you for making this past year one of the best of my life.

This is my small gift to you, my dear friends, for all that you have given me:

Angels On Earth
You are my brilliant angels, floating on your way
Dancing on your moonbeams, treasuring your days
I know you from a distance, I read your visions grand
You give me so much more than I could ever understand
Your presence is my blessing, your words I hold so dear
Your souls are perfect angels, beauty bringing me to tears
How can I express the many ways you've moved my soul?
The magic that I dance upon, the wisdom you bestow?
How can I ever thank you for your gifts so deep and bright?
To honor you, I'll carry on my journey towards The Light...

D.L.Schubert 11.26.09

Also, if you get the chance, hop on over to my MySpace and listen to the song, "Rooftops." That's my other gift to you.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Please know, I am deeply, deeply grateful.

23 comments:

Cynthia Schuerr said...

Thank you, Debra, for your warm and beautiful sentiment. What a lovely work of creativity.
Thank you for allowing me to be one of your Angels. For certain, you are one of mine.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Warm Regards,
Cynthia

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Cynthia, Thank you so much for your kind, generous words. This is exactly what I'm talking about. ;-)

Elspeth Futcher said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Debra. I'm very grateful to have come in contact with you.

Elspeth

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Elspeth, Thank you, I feel the same way! ;-)

Ruthanne Reid said...

Happy Thanksgiving right back at you! It's a wonderful time to celebrate the things that make life good.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Ruthanne, I wish you a joyous holiday filled with love and laughter.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Debra! What a lovely poem...and such a sweet sentiment.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Tana said...

That was gorgeous! Happy thanksgiving.

Sage Ravenwood said...

You dear friend are a gift and joy to know. Thank you for being part of my life too! Have a wonderous amazing Thanksgiving hon!(Hugs) Indigo

Jemi Fraser said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Deb - hope you enjoy the day. Lovely poem! :)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Elizabeth, Thank you so much. I hope your holiday was wonderful. ;-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

T. Anne, Thanks so much. I appreciate your kind words. ;-)

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Indigo, I'm privileged to know you and be a small part of your life. You are always an inspiration.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Jemi, Thanks so much and I'm glad you liked the poem.

Concord Carpenter said...

real nice!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

CC, Why, thank you!

Beth said...

That's beautiful, Deb, and what a wonderful voice you have! I'm behind on blogs and just saw that you now have an agent. Woohooo! Yay you! That's fantastic news. Congratulations! Hugs, Beth

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Beth, It's so good to see you again! I hope all is well in your world and that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. ;-)

Sandra Leigh said...

What wonderful gifts. Thank you, Debra. I hope your Thanksgiving was full of joy.

And Happy Birthday!

WendyCinNYC said...

Aw, what a nice poem! I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving.

Voidwalker said...

Thanks for that very beautiful poem and I hope your Thanksgiving weekend was great!

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Sandra, Wendy, VW, Thanks for your kind words. I hope your holidays were as wonderful as mine - family, great food, wonderful music and conversation - all good. ;-)

nsiyer said...

Great One Debra. I liked the picture and the imagination

Like Button